|The link to this page is:
Back to Old New Orleans
Whispers - Home
|Carrollton Avenue Methodist Church started in the 1870's as a Sunday school class for German immigrants.
When the class outgrew the home of Joseph Ahten, he found a lot on the corner of Carrollton Avenue and
Freret Street and the present sanctuary was constructed. It has been at this location ever since.