|Frank T. Howard Elementary School
|There were two Frank T. Howard schools, one on Cleveland Avenue
and one on Camp Street. This is the school on Camp Street; it was
designed by noted N.O. architect, Julius Koch. After the Howard
school no longer occupied the building, it was home to the New
Orleans Free School. After the 2005 flood, it was turned into a charter
school called the New Orleans Free Academy, however, that school
was closed in 2009. Photo is ca. 1900.
|The link to this page is:
Back to Old New Orleans
Whispers - Home
|The photo above and two below were taken betwen 1900-1920.
|Former Frank T. Howard school, 2009.