Oak Street to Earhart
|On the left, Gravois Pharmacy, 1957..|
|Above, Gravois, when it was Reund Drugs, ca. 1928.
Below, the building as it looks today.
|Above, K & B, in what looks to be the 1940's or '50's, when it was still
on the river side of Claiborne. By the 1960's, it had moved to the
lake side of Claiborne - see photo below from the 1970's.
|Lafayette Elementary School, ca. 1925.|
|Notre Dame Seminary, ca. 1925|
|St. Charles streetcar, Carrollton Avenue, near Claiborne, 1940's|
|Above, Ye Olde College Inn sign; directly below, the restaurant as it looked before the levee failures; bottom photo, as it looks today.|
|The lions guarding Pritchard Place.|
|Above, entrance to Palmer Park, Carrollton and Claiborne,
ca. 1947; two photos below, Palmer Park today.
|Above, Carrollton & Nelson Street, 1940's, before fire station was
constructed; directly below, 1970; second photo below, as it looks today.
|The link to this page is:
Thanks to Mark Seymour for several of the photos on this page.
Carrollton Avenue: Earhart to Tulane Avenue
Carrollton Avenue: Tulane Avenue to City Park
Back to Old New Orleans
Whispers - Home
|Cloverland Dairy cart delivers milk to a house on Carrollton, date unknown.|
|Nix Library, 1960's|